Emergency Dentistry in Noblesville, IN
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please call Serenity Creek Dental Care immediately. Emergency cases should be handled as soon as possible. If you are unsure whether you are experiencing an emergency or a non-urgent dental problem or have questions regarding emergency dentistry, continue reading.
What is Emergency Dentistry?
Emergency dentistry is concerned with unforeseen dental issues requiring immediate attention. Maybe you’ve fallen and lost a tooth or multiple teeth, or your tooth is suddenly in extreme pain. Situations like these require emergency dental care. The sooner you get medical help, the sooner the problem is solved, and you might avoid even greater damage to your oral health.
What is Considered A Dental Emergency?
Any problems that require immediate attention to stop bleeding, save a tooth, or alleviate severe pain are considered dental emergencies. However, not every dental concern is an emergency; some might be considered a standard dental issue that can wait until the next day. Consider the questions below to help you determine if your issue is an emergency or if it can wait until your next dental appointment.
- Have you lost a tooth? Prompt, emergency treatment can possibly save your tooth.
- Is your tooth loose? It is considered a serious problem when adults have loose teeth, even when there is no pain.
- Are you in severe pain? Severe pain indicates an emergency.
- Are you bleeding from the mouth? This can signify an emergency.
- Do you have an infection in your mouth? You should not wait for treatment if you have an abscess or serious infection in your mouth. An infection can be life-threatening.
Generally, a broken or lost tooth, an abscess or serious infection, severe dental pain, and tooth trauma are considered dental emergencies. If you have an emergency, please call our office right away. We will assess your concern and schedule you for emergency evaluation and dental treatment as soon as possible, likely on the same day.
What is Not A Dental Emergency?
Though some dental issues require immediate attention, some, though important to address, are not considered urgent. Non-urgent dental problems include the following:
- Chipped tooth
- Lost filling
- Minor toothache
If you are experiencing a non-urgent dental problem, schedule an appointment with our office at your earliest convenience, and we will address your concerns promptly.
Find Your Smile at Serenity Creek
Exceptional dental care at every visit
Emergency Dental Hours at Serenity Creek Dental Care
Our Noblesville, IN, dental office works to ensure each emergency is handled quickly and with care. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please call our office immediately. We will assess your situation and schedule you to see Dr. Kelly accordingly. We can often accommodate same-day appointments during office hours and walk-in appointments if our schedule allows.
How Can You Prevent Dental Emergencies?
Dental emergencies are sometimes unavoidable. However, there are still actionable ways you can avoid some emergency situations. They include the following:
- Keep track of any persistent dental pain or changes to your teeth, gums, or mouth tissues. When you visit your dentist for a routine checkup, notify them of any nagging issues or changes. By doing so, you can potentially avoid more urgent concerns down the road.
- Maintain good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth at least twice a day, and make sure to brush for at least two minutes. Floss at least once a day.
- Visit your dentist regularly. Ideally, you should see your dentist twice a year. This way, any concerns can be detected and addressed before they become more serious.
- Wear a protective mouthguard during sports. Every year, dentists see a multitude of patients who’ve been injured while playing sports. Whether you play a contact or non-contact sport, protecting your teeth and wearing a mouthguard is important.
- Wear a night guard if you grind your teeth. Many people grind their teeth at night, which can cause problems over time for oral health. By wearing a night guard, you protect your teeth from potential issues.
Emergency Dentistry at Serenity Creek Dental Care
The team at Serenity Creek Dental Care understands that emergencies can be stressful and frightening. We address each case with compassion and care and ensure every emergency is handled quickly and efficiently. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please call our Noblesville, IN office immediately at (317)-565-1600.