Root Canal Therapy
Root Canal Therapy in Noblesville, IN
Oral health is a vital aspect of our overall well-being. At Serenity Creek Dental Care, Dr. Kelly Spaulding (Elikofer), DDS, and her team provide a comprehensive array of dental services. Among these is the highly specialized root canal therapy. Root canal therapy in Noblesville, IN, is not just about addressing oral issues—it’s about ensuring you maintain your radiant smile and optimal oral health.
How Does Root Canal Therapy Work?
Root canal therapy is an advanced dental procedure primarily designed to treat teeth with damaged or infected pulp (nerve tissue). The process entails the careful removal of this compromised pulp, followed by cleaning, shaping, and finally sealing the internal chambers of the tooth. With modern dental practices and techniques used at Serenity Creek Dental Care, you can be assured of efficient and effective root canal therapy in Noblesville, IN.
Why Would I Need A Root Canal?
Root canal therapy becomes necessary when the innermost part of the tooth, called the pulp, is compromised. Here are the primary reasons why:
- Deep Cavities: Untreated cavities can progress, reaching the pulp and causing infection.
- Trauma: Injuries might not always visibly damage a tooth but can harm the pulp internally.
- Repeated Dental Procedures: Teeth with multiple treatments might be more prone to pulp issues.
- Minor Cracks or Chips: These can allow bacteria to enter and infect the pulp.
- Gum Disease: Severe gum diseases can lead to infections that spread to the tooth pulp.
- Persistent Pain: Unexplained or lingering pain might indicate underlying pulp problems.
The primary goal of root canal therapy is to save the natural tooth, remove the infection, and prevent further complications.